Check the VAT ID number of your EU trading partners
Without integration effort, automated and audit-proof. Suitable for any of your B2B transactions.
Audit-proof and platform-independent
With the CheckVAT ID web application, you can check individual and multiple VAT ID numbers simultaneously and document the results in an audit-proof manner.
The data required for this is obtained from the Federal Central Tax Office (BZSt), the European Commission’s VAT Information Exchange System (VIES) and the Federal Ministry of Finance in Austria (BMF). The CheckVAT ID web application is controlled via an online portal and works independently of platforms and ERP systems.
Batch upload, master data check, reporting
- Simple or qualified check of the VAT number. (Matching of name and address of the trading partner)
- Single and multiple searches as well as batch search for extensive queries via CSV data upload
- Enables EU-wide audits, requested by suppliers from Germany, Austria and all other EU member states
- Master data check of German trading partners
- Reporting (retention of records for ten years and provision of data for documentation needs).
- Platform and ERP-independent web application (integration not required)
- Intuitive browser-based user interface
- Direct availability, immediate optimisation of current processes and increase in efficiency
- Demand-based billing model
Requirements for checking the VAT registration number
Since 1 January 2020, the specification of the valid VAT identification number (VAT ID number) of the recipient of delivery as part of a complete recapitulative statement (CR) is an explicit requirement for the tax exemption of intra-Community deliveries (regulated in the Quick Fixes to the EU VAT reform).
The supplier must make sure that the VAT number is correct. of the purchaser is valid at the time of delivery (§ 6a para. 1 no. 4 UStG). In case of non-compliance, the tax exemption is not applicable.
Using CheckVAT ID, we can quickly check the VAT ID of our European clients and with little effort. The ability to check entire files is a real labour-saver!
AHP Merkle has been developing, designing and manufacturing high-quality hydraulic cylinders in demand worldwide since 1973. In addition to its headquarters in Gottenheim, the family-run company has sales offices in Guissano (Italy), Marinha Grande (Portugal), and in Hong Kong, Shenzen and Suzhou (China). AHP Merkle uses CheckVAT ID to process its trade transactions with European customers.
Platform and ERP independent
Ready to go
CheckVAT ID works as a browser-based web application that you can use immediately, regardless of the system landscape you have in place.
Buy CheckVAT ID now
Select the right package for the number of queries in our store, and start with the audit-proof VAT IdNr. check of your trading partners.
Do you have questions about CheckVAT ID? Get in touch.
Let’s stay in touch!
Stay up-to-date on the latest market trends, best practices and regulatory changes affecting cross-border selling by following us on LinkedIn.